Engis Flat Lapping and Polishing Systems
- All Hyprez machines can be equipped to utilize conventional or diamond abrasives.
- With standard roller yoke arms, pneumatic machines can be used without air pressure as a hand weight machine.
- All machines can be easily retrofitted with a water cooling system - even at a future date.
- Slurry system is infinitely adjustable.
- To further extend the capability of these machines, we offer a wide selection of optional equipment,
The Hyprez flat lapping and polishing machines offer more standard features, such as:
- Three or four conditioning rings
- Roller yoke assemblies
- Hand weights on “H” series machines
- Dial indicator for checking plate flatness
- Adjustable worktable height (24" and up)
- Adjustable slurry pump
- Air filter and lubricator (for pneumatic machines)
- Free technical backup and free sample runs provided by our Process Development Laboratory
- Single center bolt lap plate mounting.
- Pneumatic models come with large bore cylinders with double pistons and oversize piston rods for supporting greater lapping pressures and frictional drag.
- Pneumatic stations have single lever control for both inboard and outboard adjustments.
- Separate oversize tapered roller bearing spindle-driven by a quiet antifriction gearbox and motor combination, via a high torque belt and pulley system to prevent heat transfer to the lap plate.
- Microprocessor base touch panel controls with large easy to read LED displays mounted to a pendent for convenient access.
- Water cooling connections under the lap surface.
- Swing away pneumatic heads for ease in changing lap plates.
- Roller yoke assemblies with single lever control for both inboard and outboard adjustments. Models 24" and up come with oversize rollers.